Saturday 21 November 2009

Diving Bell and the butterfly





To start I can only say this was my favorite film from the Kino series so far! I had never heard about the film before and the only description I had heard was “just wait and see, it’s great” I agree completely. This film is about Jean Dominique Bauby, who had a big stroke, which left him suffering with a medical condition called locked-in syndrome. A truly beautiful film, he has no control over his body, except for being able to blink, his only way of communicating. The film is so well done that you can understand how frustrating it must be not to have any control. It made me realize how fragile life can be and is for many, to a point where it touched me emotionally. I haven’t been to a film that’s has done that in a long time! An amazing film I’ll watch again. I bought it the day after!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment