Saturday 21 November 2009

ijam




Right I have to stop in the middle of my research to tell you what I’ve found! I’m looking into how companies promote themselves to clients, as this is what LBi want us to try and do for them, and I found this. Shackleton, a Spanish design company, couldn’t decide what to give out to there clients for Christmas to say thank you and to promote them. The decision came down to get them either an ipod or a leg of ham (Jamon in Spanish). So they thought why not combine the ideas together to create ijam(in english iHam). This consisted of creating the box, an online website, booklet and a video to explain how to use your new ijam. In a month, the website had 350,000 and the You Tube video had a 100,000 viewers but these weren’t just companies having a look. It was the general public as well. A great example for the LBi project on self-promotion on a wide scale and I’ll use the example in my essay as well. It’s great when you find something that can connect to so many parts of your work. A nice find from just browsing the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment