Friday 26 March 2010

Cube Gallery Exhibition


Went to see a exhibition back in February as my friends invited me along as they had heard it was a must see. Along I go to the Cube with no knowledge of what I was going to see but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. Alan Fletcher: Fifty years of graphic work (and play), had some of the commercial work that he had done, which was interesting. I had no idea that he created the Victoria and Albert which I do like for it's strength. It has lasted years and stood the test of time!! How can you not respect it.

I did however find myself steering to words the design he had created just for play.





The typography collages, that were hidden down stairs, were my favorite in my opinion. You could see all of the letters he had saved and examples of the collages were in these beautiful framed in a simple way that the work was crispy clean to catch your eye. His clever way of using & to represent the "b" in the word brew, were just so simple it just seemed to make me smile. By not having any preconceptions going to this exhibit, I found some real inspiration in this place where as others had thought it was a bit of a disappointment form having such big expectations. To me however I was thankful for the invite. Thanks Girls!!

No comments:

Post a Comment