Friday 26 March 2010

Money, Money, Money


A project to do over the christmas period. Brief that I found on the Roses student creativity awards to "Design a new £5, £10, £20 and £50 note to unify the UK's currency. As with the coins and stamps the Queen's image must be included." A brief that I thought I could create a simple design with some clever ideas with. I went with the idea of designing the notes to be each part of Britain. One side for example with imagery and languages of one country, like Scotland and then the other showing the country united.



As a proud Welsh girl, I wanted to put wales on the £50 note but thought I couldn't. I wanted o show the individuality of different parts of the country as for example, across the bottom I used the different languages to say the amount of the pound note. I think my ideas are strong but I find myself thinking the design isn't anything special. No matter what I thought of my ideas it's not the best work I have done this year in my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment