Saturday 27 March 2010

Decision on next brief


I'd been told that my approach to the removal of text in silence and my play with text and image in LBi were the strong points to my first year terms work. So now I had to find a project that would show my strengths even more... it was hard than I thought it would be! I couldn't find any projects that grabbed my attention and therefore decided to create my own brief. I came up with two! I changed one brief from the National Eisteddfod, so it would show my strength with typography, from "Convey the spirit of activism in the struggle for language, culture and politics in Wales" to a
smaller brief

"explore the struggle of Welsh language".

My first language is Welsh so I could do the project easily but without making it too patriotic. The other brief was

"by investigating into Dyslexia, try to visualize how people with this, sees things differently"

How a word seems correct to them when it is spelt wrong or how they see a big bloc of text differently to others.

I went with the second. I'm dyslexic so again it is personal but I honestly believe it's ironic that many of us are visual people but there actually isn't anything out there that visually shows how we see things. Only a lot of books out there that most find really hard to read! So it be very interesting to see what descriptions I get from others as well as my own to create this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment